Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Envy: Fall Quilt Market Houston 2011

That's right I've got Envy for all the peeps out there who got to go to Fall Quilt Market in Houston. I wasn't able to attend because of my beautiful baby girl, in fact I should say I chose not to attend. My cute little muffin needed mommy so market will have to wait until next spring for me. Instead I thought I'd go ahead and reminisce a little, and post some pictures from Spring Market in Salt Lake City.
Photobucket
Salt Lake was my first Quilt Market experience--a complete whirlwind! I was so overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices presented, but more than anything inspired and motivated by it all.

If you're reading this blog it's probably because you're a good friend who's trying to support me in my new business venture:), or like me you're totally obsessed with fabric and can't get enough of all the juicy details. So, like me instead of following Hollywood celebrities your icons are peeps like Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Tula Pink, Pat Bravo, Sandi Henderson......and the list goes on. Admittedly I was star-struck when I got a chance to meet so many of the brilliant designers behind the fabric's we love.
Photobucket
Anna Maria Horner was so down to earth. She had her darling daughter with her and showcased her amazing Loulouthi collection.

Photobucket
Amy Butler was super encouraging regarding my opening up a new online shop. She also mentioned she loved the name Fabric Envy. I felt like jumping up and down at that moment, but luckily restrained from making a total fool of myself. For some reason I think an 8 months pregnant women jumping up and down in front of Amy Butler might have looked a little strange :) Do you think she'd design a special seal I could put on my website that says something like: Amy Butler Love's the name Fabric Envy? Ha, wishful thinking, but believe it--she liked it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
I also had a great time with Patricia Bravo. The picture above is a little craptastic but It's proof of our awesome impromptu meeting. She introduced herself while I was browsing her stunning booth and found out I was in the process of opening up a new fabric shop. She sat down right then and gave me oodles of advice. She was uber generous. Pat Bravo is such a successful women and I felt honored she would take time during crazy Quilt Market to chat with me:) If you ever read this thanks Pat for all your stellar tips!

Photobucket
Photobucket
I also had lots of fun meeting Joel Dewberry and his wife who use to live right here in my neck of the woods in Washington. Joels Heirloom collection is just breathtaking. Sandi Henderson and her husband were a fantastic pair too. Her booth was so gorgeous. Wish my living room looked like that!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was a great experience. Can't believe it's already been six months since Salt Lake. Ever notice how life gets kinda blurry when there's a newborn in the house? Anyway can't wait for Market in the Spring next year. By then the store will be six months new and hopefully booming, right?

Sending out good vibes for a successful launch.....good night.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your shop looks great!! Do you have a button? If not I'll do something out of your header. I want to put it on my blog.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete