Wednesday, May 30, 2012

All in One Diaper Clutch and Changing Pad by Cluck Cluck Sew {Fabric Envy}



Oh I've got a fun share for all of you. Feast your eyes on my new, adorable diaper clutch!  I don't know about you but I was sick and tired of diggin' around in my disorganized purse to find diapers and wipes. I carry a big bag, the Amy Butler Birdie Sling to be exact and with it's deep center and all my stuff "way too much crap in my purse junk" it was time I get organized. So where did I turn to for guidance and direction, Google of course! I wanted a stylish Diaper Clutch that would hold my diapers, wipes, and serve as a changing pad too, and what-do-ya-know I found the perfect free tutorial over on Cluck, Cluck, Sew.



I changed it up slightly by using a laminate fabric instead of minky on the inside so that if my little makes a mess I can wipe it clean. If you've never sewn with laminates before you'll probably want to use a walking foot. Without a walking foot they tend to stick a bit in your machine.  It can be done without a walking foot, but trust me it's much, much easier with one.  I also added a size 60 cover button to the front of the clutch--for cuteness of course!

I used the following fabrics all available in my shop: www.fabricenvy.com

Clutch Exterior: 1/2 yard of Wallflowers in Dusk from the Secret Garden collection by the talented Sandi Henderson

Clutch Interior: 1/2 yard of  Indian Big Dot in Cream from the Indian Summer collection by Zoe Pearn

That's it! From start to finish it only took me 40 minutes with plenty of distractions. This project is so simple it's perfect for the beginner. You can snag the full tutorial over on Allison website www.CluckCluckSew.com, or click here. If you like Allison's style I've got lots of Cluck Cluck Sew patterns for sale in my shop too.

Now I can finally reach into my bag and pull out a cute and practical case for my baby changin' needs.
Thank you, thank you Allison!


1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea to use a laminate! So pretty and practical!

    ReplyDelete