Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spring Quilt Market 2012

Grr......Sample Spree is going on at the 2012 Spring Quilt Market right now and I'm wishing I was there to enjoy the chaos!  Sample Spree is where all of the different manufacturers bring samples of new and current collections that you can purchase right then and there. As a shop owner this is a big thrill because you're getting your chance to get your hot little hands on collections that aren't currently available. The idea is that you will take these items and create "samples" for your store. Oh how I wish I was there. There's just something about new fabric that gets my heart racing!

This time last year I was experiencing my first ever Quilt Market and I had such a great time. You can read more about my experience here. I couldn't make it to Kanas City this time around, but I should be able to attend Market in Houston, this fall. Not to worry I will still be stocking the shop all the latest and greatest from this weeks show.

Here's a picture of me with Amy Butler one year ago. I was 8 months pregnant and felt like an elephant next to her but I insisted on getting the shot anyway, because hello it's Amy Butler--and when you're a fabric junkie like me, Amy Butler is a CELEBRITY!








Quilt Market I know you're not the same without me, or maybe I'm not the same without you! Until this fall.......




No comments:

Post a Comment