Friday, March 30, 2012

TAG! + This weeks winner for the Curious Nature Half Yard Bundle! {Fabric Envy}


My friend Jenny, designer and author of the Sew Kind of Wonderful blog tagged me over a week ago. I don't generally dish about myself, but I thought it was about time I finally played along! Here are the questions I've been asked


1.) What is your favorite snack?
I'm completely addicted to Nutella!  Just give me a spoon and I'm content. Coupled with a bottle of Odwalla Superfood and I'm in heaven!
 
2.) Besides quilting what your next favorite hobby?
It's no secret that I love photography, but I'm also really into crocheting. 
 
3.) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
This is a hard question for me to answer because there are so many places I've never been, that I imagine all the time would make the perfect getaway. I dream of living anywhere tropical where I could lounge on the beach forever... Of the places I've lived I wouldn't mind moving back to Charleston South Carolina. Great people, rich with history, beauty, and sunshine!
 
4.) Where does your inspiration come from?
Hmmm inspiration for what project? It's sourced from lots areas depending on the genre. If it's a quilt I let the fabric help me decide what to do with it. Most of the time I like to check out what some of my favorite designers are doing like Pat Bravo, Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, and Joel Dewberry. Pretty much anything they do inspires me to create. 
5.) How much fabric are you hoarding right now?
Ha, if we count the fabric store, it's a lot!!!! But my own personal stash is overflowing too. Lets just say I've got enough stashed to make clothing for my kiddos for an entire year, and enough fabric bundles set aside for at least 20 quilts. I obviously love to buy fabric, I hoarded so much it's turned into a fabric store!
 
6.) Do you where makeup, and if you do, how often do you put it on?
Yes! I love make-up, another product I can't seem to stop buying. Unfortunately I only end up "putting on my face" a few times a week. Life with the four kiddos, the fabric store, church responsibilities, and occasional photography clients makes things a little to hectic for make-up everyday. The only make-up I've got on now is my "I slept in it last night because I was too lazy to wash my face before bed" kind. 
7.) What is your favorite part of the quilting process? 
Buying the fabric, hello!
8.) Are you a part of any local Quilt Guilds?
Nope, but I should be :)
 
9.) How many quilting projects are you currently working on?  
I'm working on two quilt tops right now with Curio and Hello Luscious
 
10.) If we went to a movie, what type of movie would you pick out?
My favorite movies are one's that pull at your heart strings, make you think or motivate you to be better. One of my all time favorites is August Rush--just watch it, it's amazing!
 
11.) If we went out for dinner, what restaurant would you pick?
If we could fly back to Utah I would pick The Magic Wok. I waited tables there all through high school. The restaurant has been open for 25 years and the food is so fantastic! I can't really eat Chinese food anywhere else and enjoy it. I like it so much that when I'm pregnant I have dreams that we've figured out a way to FedEx overnight it and still have it be fresh. 

Whew I'm long winded!  Good thing i don't dish about myself very often. Three cheers to you if you made it through the post.  Now onto the important part.

The winner of the Half Yard Bundle of Curious Nature is:

Curious Nature fabrics are my very favorite right now! I'd love some to make my son a graduation quilt!




Thanks to everyone who participated! Be sure to come back next week for some great new tutorials.

Happy Sewing

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you answered my questions!! Love knowing just a bit more of who you are and I'm lucky to have you as my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete